NJAJ has amended the following safety protocols in accordance with guidelines from the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Executive Orders issued by New Jersey Governor Philip Murphy. Prior to attending an event, all registrants (including guests, family members, vendors or any others who will be on site) must agree to the COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment. All attendees must agree to follow all on-site protocols as well.
The Installation Reception is planned as an outdoor event. Plans are subject to change based upon weather conditions and New Jersey’s COVID-19 event restrictions laid out in Executive Orders and elsewhere. Please also note that only those who comply with the NJAJ Safety Protocols by showing proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test performed 72 hours prior to the event will be admitted.
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in events held or sponsored by the New Jersey Association for Justice, Inc., (“NJAJ”) because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, NJAJ has put in place preventive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, NJAJ cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in NJAJ events and/or other face to face activities. By attending an NJAJ event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
Participants agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath) and, contact NJAJ at firstname.lastname@example.org if he/she experiences symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating or volunteering with NJAJ.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- I knowingly and freely acknowledge this risk and understand and represent that I will honestly and responsibly make representations of my vaccination and health status. I will always conduct myself responsibly at this event while fully obeying all requirements of the organization and the venue.
These protocols are subject to change based on CDC guidance and NJ Executive Orders in place on the date of the event.
Attendees must prove they are fully vaccinated or provide proof of a negative test result, from the 72 hours prior to the event. These forms of proof must be submitted in advance to NJAJ Headquarters. Testing information can be found here: https://covid19.nj.gov/testing
Anyone who is not feeling well or has any of the symptoms associated with the virus should not attend, but rather get tested for the virus and self-quarantine. It is important that attendees be considerate of their fellow attendees and the greater community at large.
Masks are strongly encouraged for anyone who is not fully vaccinated.
All attendees should respect the masking and social distancing preferences of fellow attendees. Those who wish to wear masks may.
There will be color coded stickers that attendees can place on their badges in order to let others know their social distancing comfort level.
- Red stickers indicate a person wishes to be socially distant from others.
- Blue stickers indicate a person is comfortable with an elbow bump greeting.
- Green stickers indicate a person is comfortable with not social distancing.
Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be located at key locations throughout the event, including, but not limited to, restrooms, food and beverage area(s), meeting rooms, and the registration desk. We encourage all attendees to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing and before eating. Avoid touching your mask, eyes, nose, and mouth.
The food will be set in stations. Each station will have an attendant. Attendees will inform the attendant which foods they want from the station; it will be plated placed on the table in front of the attendee. Foodservice workers/bartenders and foodservice support staff should continually wear a face covering and gloves when they are serving attendees. Foodservice workers should place food and beverages on the table, counter, or other surface rather than handing food directly to attendees.
These safety protocols apply to the After Party that will follow the Installation Reception.
All attendees are further reminded of the NJAJ Event Code of Conduct.
We encourage attendees to exercise caution in who they choose to gather with post-event. Attending a large gathering or event increases your chance of being in close contact with people outside your household and being exposed to COVID-19. If you develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of the gathering, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or if you test positive for COVID-19, immediately notify NJAJ.
Should a positive test result be reported to NJAJ, we will notify all attendees of this result. The identity of the patient or other identifying information will not be revealed, alluded to, or confirmed, even if explicitly asked. Attendees should then assume they meet the guidelines for close contact and quarantine (excluding people who have had COVID-19 within the past 3 months or who are fully vaccinated). Appropriate state guidelines should then be followed.
New Jersey Association for Justice Supporters
- See Our Business Partners >>